I have attempted to translate and capture the essence of these duas, but I am afraid a lot of the beauty and the depth of words is lost. Some words are so meaningful and profound that I can only find poor substitutes in English and I have left some Arabic words in there. Whenever I read these Duas, I am struck by the humbleness and the incredible wisdom of our Holy Prophet (PBUH). The translation does not do justice to the original by any measure. May Allah forgive all errors. Ameen.
- Ya mooqalib ul qooloobi sabit qalbi aa*la deenee ka (* is for ‘aain’ sound not ‘aa’ sound)
O Allah, who turns hearts, turn my heart firmly towards your Deen and keep it steadfast on it.
- Allah hooma haasibni hisabain yaseera
O Allah, make the questioning on the Day of Judgement easy for me.
- Allah hooma ini aaoo*zoobika minasheeqaqi waneefaqi wa soo ill akhlaq (* ‘aain’ sound)
O Allah, I seek your protection against quarreling, Nifaaq and bad temperament.
- Allah hooma ini as alooka ilman nafeeun wa rizqan tayeebaon wa amalam mutaqabala
O Allah, I ask you for useful knowledge, Tayyab Rizq, and deeds that please you.
- Allah hooma ini as a lookal afwa wal afeeyata fidoonya wal aakheerah
O Allah, I ask you for your forgiveness and your bounty in this world and the hereafter.
- Allah hooma ini as a lookal hooda watooqa wal aa*fafa wal gheena. (* is for ‘aain’ sound not ‘aa’ sound)
O Allah, I ask you for guidance, compassion, Taqwa and Ghina.
- Allah hooma ini as a looka eesha tanaqeeya taoowa mee tataen saweeyatan
O Allah, I ask you for a good life and a good death.
- Allah hooma ahsin aqeebatana fil oomoori kulli ha wa ajirna min khiz yidoonya wal aakhiraah
O Allah, let the outcome of all our efforts be good and save us from disgrace in this world and the hereafter.
- Allah hoomag* firli warhamni wa aafini warzooqni (* is for ‘gain’ sound not ‘gaaf’)
O Allah, forgive me and have mercy on me and grant me your bounty and Rizq.
- Allah hoomaftah lana abwaba rahmatika wa sahil lanaa abwaba rizqeeka
O Allah, open the doors of your mercy on us and make the ways of gaining your Rizq easy for us.
- Allah hoomajal aoo saaa* rizqeeka aalaeeya inda kibaree sinnee wanqeetaee oomooree
O Allah, broaden my Rizq the most in my old age and at the time of my death.